Thursday, March 29, 2007

A short month...

Can you believe that March is already over...only two more days until my birthday month. Woo hoo! I will be accepting gift certificates to Kohl's Department Store for all those who care to send gifts :-)

...really, though, it seems that the days are flying by. I wonder if I did accomplished anything important this month...

I had my first Pampered Chef show. Yeah me! It's not my dream job, but I enjoyed it, and think I will continue to enjoy the increasing interaction with other adult women...not that having a 9 month old as a constant companion doesn't supply me with a certain sense of fulfillment or anything. We have our moments of really intense conversation, as mother and daughters do...mostly consisting of two to three sounds. It's a code, really.

My parents were here this month. That was really great! Seriously...it was probably the highlight of my month. It was just one of those perfect visits! Aloria loved it as well. To be sure, she took to my parents like they hadn't been apart for the last three months. I wonder if part of that was due to the fact that my mother and I look so much alike...though that theory wouldn't exactly work in my dad's case, but everyone likes him, so that solves that mystery. I was sad to see them go, but am looking forward to fellowshipping with them again in June for my brother's wedding. Oh yeah, my brother is getting married, as you may have observed from Aloria's blog. ...and we're all in the wedding! I'm so excited because I didn't think there were anymore weddings in my future to be in. Most all of you are married already. ...excepting Bethy...I have that to look forward to still :-) I get to wear a strapless black dress (with Converse). Normally, I love strapless dresses, but my “hope chest” is gone and it's altogether depressing!!!

That's right, my “hope chest” left with our switch to formula. I forgot just how big the difference was... It's funny because even though I was so happy about my upper up size that came with my having a baby, I was hesitant to wear anything too revealing...though I finally had something to reveal. What if I ran into one of my students! What if I made my brother-in-law uncomfortable?! What if, what if, what if! Heck with that!!! ...no more not taking advantage of the perks that come with having babies. The plan was to try again for another one in October...and there will be no more timidity! NO MORE, I TELL YOU!!! It will be a summer baby, and I will be wearing skimpy tank tops!...though probably only in my house, because just before I walk out the door I will most likely remember that I am a Christian woman...and not a hoe. ...something about standards...

No comments: