Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Snickers and soda

About 4 weeks ago, just before Aaron graduated, I realized that ...Aaron was graduating! Which, meant that his GI bill would end too, and so would the majority of our income to continue to pay our bills...and there was no way unemployment would cover any of that! Well, after 4 months of not stressing, and watching the Lord's blessings rolling in, I started to stress again. I was at the grocery store thinking about this...and I knew it was wrong! After all this time of experiencing the Lord's care, how could I possibly doubt Him now. He would provide! So I reached into my pocket for my dollar or so in change, and bought two snickers bars and a 25 cent soda in the machine outside the store and brought them home to Aaron. "Lets celebrate!" I declared! Aaron asked me what for...I took a deep breath, forcing myself to believe what I was saying, and told him that we were celebrating what the Lord was going to do through our poverty :-) ...and our faith is never misplaced when it is placed in the Lord. Just before school ended, Aaron crossed the street (literally across the street) to a new subdivision being put up and asked a construction crew if they needed any extra framers. They said that they would call him in a couple of days if they did...and two days later, right after church, they called and hired him. Now, Aaron leaves the house five minutes before he has to be there and crosses the street to work and comes home to spend lunch with us!!! How amazing is that?!?!?! I just wanted to let all of you know that I am thankful for your thoughts and prayers in our direction concerning Aaron finding a job :-) This, of course, is not the job he is hoping to continue in for long...especially, not after just obtaining his degree, but it is an answer to prayer and paycheck until he finds what it is the Lord has for him in the long term. Never doubt what the Lord will do...never!!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

That's really awesome to hear! Thanks for sharing! Great to talk to you on the phone the other day! Still having contractions?

Deanna Buoniconti said...

Im glad Aaron got a job. We have been praying for him =) I finally made a new "married" blog and thought i'd let you know! www.thebuonicontis.blogspot.com

love, deanna & brent